- 1 large shallot, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons harissa
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (you can use regular flour in you’re not GF)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small food processor, pulse the shallot and the garlic until finely chopped. Add the chickpeas, cilantro leaves, cumin, coriander, salt, and harissa. Blend until the chickpeas are coarsely chopped and the other ingredients are incorporated. You don’t want it to be completely smooth and paste-like.
- With a spatula, transfer the chickpea mixture to a medium mixing bowl. Add the flour and stir until incorporated. Form the mixture into 1 inch patties and place them on an oiled, parchment-lined baking sheet. They wont expand like cookies, so you don’t have to worry too much about spacing them out. You should have 16-20 patties.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking process so both sides brown. Serve alongside Israeli Salad and drizzle with Tahini Aioli (recipe follows).
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a small food processor and blend until smooth. Aioli will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
- Serve alongside falafel or as a condiment for grilled fish.