Creamy Black Bean Dip
This black bean dip recipe is the perfect appetizer for any party. Sour cream makes it creamy, but Greek yogurt can be substituted for a healthy version.
Originally published on Food & Wine.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sour cream, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup tightly packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Corn tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine the garlic, cumin, beans, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and salt in a small food processor. Add 1/4 cup warm water and puree until smooth. Taste for seasoning.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl and garnish with a dollop of sour cream. Serve alongside corn tortilla chips.