This easy tabbouleh recipe is a perfect salad for a quick dinner. My version is made with wild rice which is healthy and gluten-free.
Originally published on Food & Wine.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 8 cups cold water
- Sea salt
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups diced peeled, seeded cucumber
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a large saucepan, cover the rice with the water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderately low heat until the wild rice is tender but still chewy, about 1 hour. Drain the wild rice well.
- Toss the wild rice with the tomatoes, cucumber, oil, lemon juice, mint and parsley. Season with salt and serve room temperature.