In today’s season 1 bonus episode, you get a rare solo appearance from me, your SIBO Amigo Phoebe Lapine. Those who have read my book The Wellness Project know the first chapter of my story, from being diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis when I was 22, to spending the better part of my mid-twenties trying to get on board with the health hand I was dealt.
In this episode, I talk about the many root causes that led to my autoimmune disease, and how some of those root causes later set the stage for SIBO. I’ll also be answering listener questions on how I overcome health setbacks (including the 411 on my latest gut pot holes), what advice I would give someone recently diagnosed with Hashimoto’s, and my biggest takeaways from the entire first season of SIBO Made Simple.
If you’re wondering the path I took to healing my SIBO and what the road forward looks like, give it a listen.
A quick taste of what we’ll cover:
- The gap I experienced between conventional medicine and functional doctors
- Why eating gluten-free was such a game changer for my Hashimoto’s
- How multiple parasites continue to be the invisible fence for my gut health
- What I learned from my year-long project of making one lifestyle change, one year at a time, and how I’ve applied those learnings to my SIBO recovery
- The herbal protocol and diet I used to treat my SIBO and how it changed my symptoms throughout the 4-month process
- And so much more…
Resources, mentions and notes:
- Phoebe’s book The Wellness Project
- Let a Podcast Out Course – Use code SIBOMADESIMPLE
- Post on My Hashimoto’s Story
- Post on My Thyroid and My Scale
- Post on SIBO 101: Root Causes and Testing
- Post on SIBO 2.0: Natural Remedies and Supplements
- Post on SIBO 3.0: Lifestyle Changes and Diet
- Low FODMAP Cooking Tips
- The Best Thyroid Super Foods
- 4 Weeks to Wellness Course – use code SIBOMADESIMPLE
- Hormonal Birth Control Episode 03
- Rebecca Coomes’ Patient Story Episode 10
- Join the SIBO Made Simple Facebook Community Page
- Subscribe to receive a free download of the episode transcript
- More on my story in this interview here
Disclaimer: The information in this podcast does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, or treatment. The information discussed is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical or professional care.
Leave a Reply